Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

I know many of you have created resolutions this New Year in order to start fresh or improve yourself.  Your resolution may be to be healthier, by eating right or working out, or it may be to learn a new skill, like learning a foreign language or developing a hobby.

I myself have developed my own personal New Year Resolutions.  And I think I need to develop ones for my little corner of The Petroleum Museum. 

We at the Museum anticipate 2012 to be interesting, to say the least.  We hope to finish our Capital Campaign and to start our $15M renovation of the oil & gas industry exhibits.  With those events looming, there is a lot to take care of!  Before demolition, we have to move the collections, both what's on display and what's in storage, off-site.  So, there's a lot of prep work that I need to complete before the ground-breaking. 

Below are my resolutions or goals for the upcoming year.  Many of these I started last year, but for whatever reason, never finished or just dropped the ball.  Some of them are re-focusing on what my job duties entail and trying to be better in those duties.

1) Migrate to updated version of collection management database.

2) Complete inventory of all collections in storage.

3) Develop & implement plan for moving collections off-site.

4) Gain more meaningful followers on the Museum's social media tools (Facebook & Twitter).

5) Be an advocate for the Museum while at work and while not at work.

Wish me luck in keeping my New Year Resolutions!  What are your resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment