Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Cleaning

It's my dream to have the Museum's collections stored in one room ... or at least in a room with a solid ceiling (see my previous post). Whitney and I have slowly been working on cleaning out the old Education Store Room to become the Object Storage area.

When the Education Department moved upstairs to the new Education Hall in 2006, they didn't take half of the stuff that was theirs! We have even come across several items from the Museum's Permanent Collections as well as items for the Archives and Library. This project may bigger than I anticipated!

Regardless, I bring you a few photos of the "DURING" process. We haven't yet been able to completely clear out the room yet -- but that is definitely on the books for the near future!





In an ideal world with unlimited resources, compact selving (like this and this; check out the video here -- it makes me DROOL) would be PERFECT for this space!

STAY TUNED: Tomorrow, Whitney and I will be changing out the dresses in the Memorabilia Room in the East Wing. Come back Friday to find out all about the process!

2 comments:

  1. I can't even express how much I love compact shelving. It's the most amazing thing ever. Wow, I'm a dork.

    -HHS (my computer won't let me sign in! http://trulyeducated.wordpress.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only lover of compact shelving. Dorks unite!

    ReplyDelete