Monday, March 22, 2010

Welcome!

While attending the annual TAM conference (this year in Bryan/College Station), I was inspired by Nina Simon. Nina spoke at the Opening Luncheon on "Making a Place for Community Engagement" and talked about different ways to make museums such places. During her follow-up session later that afternoon, Nina touched on bridging the online and on-site visits, both technical and non-technical ways visitors could participate with exhibits and museums.

"What are some ways I could encourage others to become involved at The Petroleum Museum?" I thought to myself. Why not start a blog about my role at the Museum? I could have a link on The Petroleum Museum's website and in the blog I could discuss what projects we were working on as well as solicit help in identifying objects and photographs.

So this blog is intended to do just that. I will chronicle various projects in the Archives & Collections Department at The Petroleum Museum, from installation of exhibits to processing new acquisitions. I will also use this platform to ask for suggestions, ideas, and help in identifying unknown objects and photographs in our collections.

I hope you will participate!

1 comment:

  1. great idea! I love it.

    (This is the comment I tried to make two days ago but failed).

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete